Pages

Sunday 5 June 2011

Active waiting?



Already I practise active procrastinating and active listening. I am also cultivating the skill of active walking, where you project an invisible force field around yourself when walking through a crowded corridor (try it if your default walking style is dodging and apologising when people bump into you - it works!)

From today's guest speaker, a new skill - active waiting.
From Acts 1, we are waiting for Christ's return.

From the parable of the talents, we will be judged according to how we use what we have been given. This resonates with a book I have been reading about how our fears stop us from fulfilling our potential. Fear of redundancy stops us taking risks at work or even considering change.

A little salt can flavour a lot of food. The speaker shared how his few moments of time and thought had a great harvest.

I have been offered the chance to use some of my talents. A situation I have been praying for. I don't want to bury my talent, my God-given talent in the ground. I feel like I've reacted with fear rather than rejoicing.

Active waiting
Proactive not reactive
Take the bushel off the light?




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...