Pages

Monday 23 January 2012

In which Twiz chooses to be intentional


2012 beach 006
I have found many blessings from following blogs. Before I happened upon a Christian baking blog I had no idea that Christian women (and men) were writing, sharing, praying in a kind of amazing online fellowship.
God has gifted so many to use their words, their images to encourage, to share the gospel, to bring a little joy to the day, a reminder of the right way,the best way and just to provide that different emphasis and focus to what the world gives.
Many times I had worried I was old fashioned, just that bit out of step with other parents, other wives, hanging onto my Biblical truths, almost apologising for it “sorry, I’m a bit of a Christian fundamentalist and I don’t do that'” Well, no longer. Bolder now, affirmed, I am not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
The latest unexpected gift is the Word of the Year. Bit strange, I thought, bit gimmicky. Then I started  to see a word everywhere, a word that called to me, this is what you need… So my word of the year is ‘intentional’. Maybe I’m behind the times but I’d never heard of intentional living, intentional parenting. I’ve a tendency to be reactive but this year I will live intentionally. And I’m trusting in my blogging friends and in God to keep me living that way.

You groped your way through that murk once, but no longer. You're out in the open now. The bright light of Christ makes your way plain. So no more stumbling around. Get on with it! The good, the right, the true—these are the actions appropriate for daylight hours.

  Figure out what will please Christ, and then do it. Ephesians 5 8-10The Message

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one who believeth, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.Romans 116
linking with

HearItUseItImage-1 multitudesonmondaysbutton2-1
46 A happy mum talking about her little boy
47 A happy brother sharing some news
48 Happy friends enjoying a joke
49 A friend with Herman bread made me laugh
50 Sunrise over the rooftops made me praise
51 Prayer day at the MOB society
52 From God’s word the 23rd Psalm
53 And John 10 (which I read in church)
54 How God provides and cares for us
55 In the kitchen lovely ladies to share the work
56 A clear and fresh lunch duty outside
57 An encouraging comment on my blog, thank you
58 My friend’s 7 week old babe smiling at me
59 Christmas present daffs starting to bloom
60 Finding the courage to contact a friend
61 A double rainbow - God’s faithfulness displayed
62 Tea and cake with my girlfriends
63 Washing on the line in January
64 Something that fits in the Charity shop
65 Time to iron the week’s clean, fresh shirts
66 And fold the laundry off the line
67 Whoever does the will of God he is my brother and sister and mother Mark 3 35
68 Romans 1 16
69 Ephesians 5 8-10

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've done the One Word thing, too. But I just had to choose "surrender" this year because of so many circumstances begging me to do so. I don't surrender easily, so it will be a very good exercise for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your word was calling to you too. It will be interesting to see how we are in December.
      It feels a bit like we've gone for opposites but I think I too need to surrender - my first bit of 'intentionality'is to make time to listen to God and seek his purpose.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...